CVMBS Leaps Into the Future of
Communications & Engagement
The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences is launching its communications portal to the future. The new CVMBS website brings you into the College and delivers easy access to the tools you need to become a part of CVMBS, to engage with the broader scientific community or to reconnect with your alma mater.
Hear, watch, read, and experience what our students and faculty members are teaching, learning, and discovering. Travel the world with our students via their CVMBS blogs. From the wilds of Alaska to the high-tech world of cyclotrons in Japan, you’ll share in their research and internship adventures. The blogs give our students the opportunity to enrich and clarify their personal learning experiences while educating and informing others.
You can have an impact by reading and directly commenting on students’ experiences. “I’ve received a few comments that truly add to the conversation and give me the impression that people are interested,” says senior microbiology undergraduate student Alex, who is working in the Prion and Retrovirus Research Lab. “I think that is the heart of why I agreed to contribute to the blog in the first place.”
Keep up to date with our latest research news. Follow and interact with the College and the CSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital on their social media accounts. Let us know how you think the College can best meet the biomedical and veterinary challenges facing our community and our world.
The College’s new website and communication tools are designed to engage everyone interested in biomedical and veterinary sciences and in Colorado higher education, reaching out to alumni, donors and friends, future students, current students, faculty and staff members, and all of those close to these constituents. Each time you visit, you’ll find something new to explore. The new CVMBS website considers you and your needs first.
- If you’re a potential future student, find programs of study, application processes, and videos from our current students on what campus life is really like.
- If you’re a current student, find information on course and seminar schedules, scholarships, and international opportunities.
- Start to create your future by exploring our diverse graduate programs, including cancer biology, veterinary pathology, and health physics.
- Connect or reconnect with the College if you are an alumnus.
- Learn about our Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program and share the experiences of our current students, including fast facts about veterinary school, application myths, and what life is like for a DVM student.
- Discover world-class research programs in infectious disease, toxicology, cancer therapeutics, neurology, radiation biology, and more.
- Find out how you can make a gift to the College to support something you are passionate about, whether that is improving cancer treatment for humans and their companion animals, helping to eradicate tuberculosis, or providing scholarship support to our students.
The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences offers teaching, research and outreach programs that touch almost every critical scientific issue in today’s world. Continued leadership in those three missions depends on the College’s ability to engage and dialogue with constituents and to be a part of broader scientific conversations in all mediums.
We invite you to become an active part of the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences community and engage in a broader scientific dialogue through our new web portal. Take a few minutes a day to be encouraged by the brilliance of young minds, to be inspired by the passion of our scientists, and to be moved by the compassion of our veterinarians.